The Youth Hostel Association (NZ) approached ChangeWorks to assist them with a transformational Leadership Development Programme which would develop the leadership capability of their senior managers in a planned and focussed way.
YHA needed to make a substantive commitment to their people’s professional development and help support those who had self-elected for transition from front line to senior management positions. At the time there was an absence of any organisational support or systems for those who wanted to progress to higher leadership roles.
The clear benefits of the Leadership Development Programme have been:
- realising and better identifying true talent and leadership potential
- an investment in human capital with greater efficiency and productivity gains
- consistent behaviour that supported the wider change management process
- a deeper commitment from their people with no participant turnover
- a clear message to employees that the organisation was willing to commit and invest in their professional development
- leadership in action working on real work challenges that they could apply immediately
- leadership skills that developed them individually as people and for the organisation
- a significant improvement in organisational engagement, morale and culture
Working with ChangeWorks
“They worked hard to achieve the outcomes we were seeking and were always very responsive to our specific needs and requests. They worked in a mutually-respectful and professional manner throughout and their match of consultants to the differing participant personalities was also invaluable. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to peers and colleagues.”Mark Wells CEO Youth Hostel Association NZ